In response to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak we're making some adjustments to our delivery service and what products we are able to deliver. Please take the time to read this update before placing an order.
In case you missed it we recently started selling wood pellet based horse bedding. Though it's becoming ever more popular within the equestrian community those who are new to wood pellets often have one question on their minds:
"What's the advantage of using wood pellets over more traditional bedding?"
There isn't just one answer to this question, in fact there's a lot of advantages to using wood pellet based horse bedding. We've taken the time to put together a guide for you that lists 10 reasons why you should consider switching to wood pellet based bedding.
10 reasons to switch to wood pellet based horse bedding:
- Wood pellets are eco friendly
- Wood pellets can mask any unpleasant odours
- They have had the dust extracted from them
- Pathogens are killed off during the manufacturing process so pellets are a sterile product
- Wood pellets compost quicker than traditional bedding
- Take up less storage space than traditional bedding
- Pellets can expand up to 6 times their original size when water is added
- Produce a muck heap up to 4 times smaller than traditional bedding
- 3 times quicker to muck out than alternatives
- They also absorb up to 380% of their weight in moisture
It's also worth noting that this pellet based bedding isn't just for horses. It can be used in cat litter and for caged animals including hamsters and birds.
To help make switching to wood pellet bedding easier we offer free next day delivery when you spend £20 or more.
(Always check our delivery page before ordering to ensure you're within our delivery area).