Ash Handy Bag
Wood Type: Ash
Bag Size: Typically 12 - 14 logs per bag
Log Size: 25 cm length x 8 - 15 cm diameter
Delivery: Free Standard Delivery
5 Reasons To Buy Handy Bags
- Our Handy Bags carry the Ready to Burn' accreditation. This DEFRA endorsed quality mark ensures that the wood moisture will always be less than 20%, to ensure you receive the best possible product.
- Very little ash produced.
- All energy produced is used to generate heat, rather than smoke which would clog up your chimney or flue.
- No dangerous spitting or crackling - indicative of wet wood.
- Logs burn with a bright flame and a high heat output.
About Handy Bags
Pure Ash Handy Bags are smaller more compact bags of high-quality firewood for log burners, stoves, open fires, chimeneas, fire-pits and pizza ovens. These bags are also one of the first products on the market displaying the Ready to Burn' accreditation. This DEFRA endorsed quality mark ensures that the wood moisture will always be less than 20%, to ensure you receive the best possible product.
Ash is considered by many the best UK firewood available. It burns at an optimum speed that provides a strong heat with few sparks. Ash is a member of the olive tree family and contains oils that enhance the burning potential. Another huge advantage of using ash is that it has a low moisture content. If we look at other hardwoods freshly felled we see that their moisture content is about 50% water. Freshly felled Ash (green ash) on the other hand has only around 30% moisture content.